Saturday 20 April 2013

Love Thyself.

Yesterday, I was sitting in my room, brainstorming over what I'm going to write about next. I literally pulled at my hair, for I couldn't think of one topic decent enough to start with. All my ideas seemed like a complete waste of time, and the rough drafts that I had prepared felt like crap. I had no idea as to what my next post could be. I felt so low and disappointed that I thought there was no future with this blog. After all the positive responses I got, I still doubted myself, I don't know why. But then it hit me- All this while I had been searching, searching, searching, what I didn't realize was that the answer lies within- Love Thyself. It's something what we've been told over and over again- be confident of yourselves. But when it comes to those situations where you feel so low and so dubious of yourself, it's really hard to 'love yourself'. Trust me, I know that feeling. And this is just a small incident when I thought I couldn't do it. There have been many more.
What needs to be remembered is that it'll come to you, but all in good time. You just need to be patient enough. I mean, failure comes to all, doesn't it? In fact, success comes only to those who have survived failure. But failing doesn't mean we lose hope and think less of ourselves. You try, and you learn where you were mistaken. That's a step towards success, as it is. That low self esteem screws your confidence up and then there's no hope for achievement. I learned that the hard way. The first step in attaining something, is by believing that you can do it. Confidence is one such state of mind when nobody can stop you from gaining what you deserve. That confidence, it only comes when you're proud of who you are. (Disclaimer: overconfidence and haughtiness is hazardous!)
There are times when you think that your hard work is going down the drain. Even after working day in and day out, you don't get the results you were hoping for. But remember, honey. It's not the end of the world. There are also times when you become quite unsure of something that you plan to do. "What will they say?" This thought keeps haunting your sanity. But at times like this, you just gotta let yourself go with the flow and let your heart take charge of your directions because often your mind starts to think too much, and our true emotions remain hidden. After all, Marilyn Monroe's got it right- "it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than to be absolutely boring." All you have to do is trust your instincts and have faith in yourself, and you'll certainly reach where you were meant to be.
Then there's the issue of those who just don't think of themselves as anything. They blindly follow what others say or do and that's all they are- an imitation of someone or somebody. As long as you are true to yourself, it's awesome. But just as soon as you lose track of yourself, and start treading over someone else's trails, it's a waste of your time, because these trails will lead you nowhere. Doing things just because everyone's doing it is just stupid. Desperately trying to be 'cool' is just being a wannabe. I'm sorry if you're one of them. I don't mean to offend anybody. But it's the truth. Why can't we just be ourselves and be true to who we really are? I believe that having the courage to be unabashedly yourself makes you the real deal.



P.s. Please don't forget to comment, share and subscribe!

8 comments: